There is hope and help.
Change is possible.
There are strategies to support mental health, defined by the World Health Organization as “not merely the absence of mental disorders or symptoms but also a resource supporting overall well-being and productivity.”
- Are you stressed due to work or other life stress and find it difficult to cope?
- Do you find yourself using alcohol, other substances, food, exercise, sex, work, spending, gambling, or screens excessively?
- Do you think “I got this” after planning a strict regimen for change only to break it soon after? Do failed attempts cause you to feel down?
- Do you long for past times when you enjoyed life?
- Do you suspect there may be core issues that drive you but fear slowing down to explore them?
- Is there a personal or family history of trauma or emotional issues that causes anxiety?
- Do you feel exhausted and yearn to wake up refreshed?
- Are you isolating to avoid people who are concerned?
Using your strengths to expand what is right with you
As a strengths-based therapist rooted in positive psychology and wellness, I use Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to integrate techniques from narrative and mindfulness-based approaches. What this means is that we will use your strengths to expand what is right with you and to tackle your challenges in a caring, thoughtful way. Together we will apply strategies to reach the mental health, wellness, relationship, education, or career goals you set.
Sometimes people are uncertain about what therapy will be like or have concerns that are holding them back. If you are hesitant, give me a call and we can talk about where we would begin.
I am available for online therapy/video-conference counseling
- Alcohol and Substance Use Disorders
- Behavioral Addictions (e.g., gambling, gaming etc.)
- College Career
- Eating Issues & Disorders
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender
- Parenting Skills
- School-Related Issues
- Stress-Related Difficulties
- Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Counseling (PhD)
- Master of Science Degree in Counseling (MS)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- California Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC)
- BBS: Subject Matter Expert for CA LPCC examinations
- NYS Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Certified Experiential Therapist II (CET II)
- Board Certified Telemental Health Provider (BC-TMH)
- NYS Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) – Master Counselor
- Internationally Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ICADC)
- Experienced School Counselor Certified in New York and California (PPS)
- Adjunct Faculty for Master’s and Doctoral-level Psychology and Counseling Courses
- Adjunct Faculty for Undergraduate Counseling Courses
- Course Developer for Undergraduate and Graduate Psychology and Counseling Courses
- College Course Peer Reviewer for Quality Matters Accreditation
- Clinical Director at Extended Care Substance Abuse Treatment Center
- Clinical Supervisor at Inpatient Substance Abuse Treatment Center
- NYS OASAS-Approved DWI Screening and Assessment Provider
- Experienced Inpatient Counselor on an Eating Disorder Unit
- Hospice and Bereavement Training/Volunteer
- Parent Educator – S.T.E.P. and P.E.S.A. programs